What is Med Pay?

Besides PIP coverage and property damage, which are the coverages required by law when you don’t have other security (a large sum of money handy to pay for a possible accident), you have the opportunity to purchase "Med Pay" when you bought your automobile insurance. "Med Pay" is an added coverage that helps pay your medical expenses so you don’t have to. Since PIP only pays 80% of the medical expenses up to your policy limits of usually $10,000, Med Pay is designed to pay the other 20% up to the amount of Med Pay coverage you purchased and/or medical expenses not covered by PIP.

Please call the Higgins Law, LLC to find out exactly what insurance coverages you have and what each type of coverage is designed to pay. Find out what your rights are and how to make the at fault party’s insurance pay your claim. We cut the red tape cut for you to make sure the insurance company pays what they are required to pay. Please call Higgins Law, LLC today where our goal is your peace of mind.