Do I get a rental car now that mine doesn’t run due to damage from the accident? How do I get my vehicle released when there’s towing and storage charges that have to be paid first?

If there is rental car coverage available, and it was your vehicle that was disabled by the accident, it is highly likely that you are entitled to a rental car right away. Higgins Law oversees the process so your rights are not infringed while a rental car is made available to you. The lawyer will make sure that the right insurance company pays for the rental car and you get the vehicle you are entitled to. At the same time, it is important to get your vehicle moved from wherever it was towed from the scene of the accident to the location where it will be repaired, or if it is totaled, to get the proper paperwork executed and delivered to release the vehicle to stop storage charges from accruing. The company who towed and stored it will need to be paid before they will release the vehicle. Higgins Law, LLC is prepared to solve that problem and has over a dozen years of experience doing so.

Rental coverage is often purchased for a period of UP TO 30 days. It is cut off when the vehicle is promptly repaired upon completion of the repairs, or in the case of a totaled vehicle, the rental car must be returned when payment is made for a replacement vehicle. This doesn’t give you much time to shop for a replacement vehicle, so get a friend or family member to help you find a replacement quickly so you won’t be left without transportation when the insurance company issues the check. This check the insurance company issues promptly, because they want to stop the storage charges from accuring as soon as possible.

Call Higgins Law to learn all you need to know about rental cars, towing and storage costs while your vehicle is inoperable due to the automobile accident. Our goal is your peace of mind.